Alisha McKellar Portrait Design
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome to the blog!

This is where the stories behind the photos live, as well as random stories about my life as an Atlanta, GA Portrait Photographer.

I hope you enjoy reading, and if not, there's always photos to look through. :)

Subscribe to the Newsletter



Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Three Years Ago Today, We Said, "I Do."

When we have huge dreams, it's often difficult to reach them on your own. And, even those times when you are able to reach them alone, you're still just that-alone.

After accomplishing things I went after alone, and celebrating them alone, I finally met my wonderful husband. :)

I think our story is sweet. We had several mutual friends, but we'd never actually met. I had shot the album cover for a local band, and he and I both ended up at their CD Release Party back in 2006. I was lucky enough to share the stage with them to sing. My favorite thing about that night was that my friends were taking photos, and you can actually see both of us in them. Not many people have photos from the night they met their future husband. Here are a couple from that fateful night:

He's in the white hat. :)

He's in the white hat. :)



Having him in my life finally gave me a sense of courage that I had never had before.  He has stood by me through all of my crazy dreaming, and because of his love, support, and patience, I was able to finally accomplish that one elusive dream-graduating from The Art Institute of Atlanta for photography. Sometimes, I still can't believe that I get to do photography for a living. I always dreamed about it, but certainly had my doubts that it could ever happen. Well, it did, and now I get to celebrate it with him every day.

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. We said, "I do." while on the beautiful beach of St. Lucia in 2008. We danced to Jack Johnson's "Better Together", and our wedding video still makes me tear up. When we got back home, his family threw a reception for us that made me feel like Cinderella.
Here are a few of our wedding photos.

Where we had our reception.

our Reception + his suit while in St. Lucia.

Out to dinner in St. Lucia.

Our home for 8 days. :)

What our butler had waiting for us when we arrived in St. Lucia.

Love.

Out to lunch in St. Lucia.

My dress + our First Dance in St. Lucia (I'm way too expressive for photos).

My favorite from our wedding photos.


So, happy 3rd wedding anniversary, to my amazing husband. I'm looking forward to many many more.

1 comments:

Rebekah McLain said...

I love this post! Congratulations!

Post a Comment

Comment: