Alisha McKellar Portrait Design
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome to the blog!

This is where the stories behind the photos live, as well as random stories about my life as an Atlanta, GA Portrait Photographer.

I hope you enjoy reading, and if not, there's always photos to look through. :)

Subscribe to the Newsletter



Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Mumford & Sons...and Crazy Great New Friends

Have you ever heard live music that sounded so great you just wanted to close your eyes, but you also didn't want to miss a second of watching? That pretty much sums up tonight's Mumford & Sons show at the Fox. Unreal.

The night started out seriously funny-parking was $25, I was two dollars short-FAIL. Little did we know, that would actually create an adventure.
The poor parking attendant was nice enough to let us go eat dinner and come back to pay. Too bad the restaurant does not give change. This caused us to go into Publik...fantastic idea, right? Well, I had to buy a $6.50 drink, tip $2.00 to get $2.00 to give the parking guy. However, everyone in that place was super nice! Whew. Okay, parking attendant paid.
Then, we had quite awhile to stand outside before the doors open, and that's when we met the first two of our new friends-Nicole & Ryan. AWESOME people! We all go back to Publik and figure out that we all have way too much in common.
Eventually Brittany and I make our way to our seats, and that's when we meet our other new friend, Cathy. Huge music-lover, which makes her absolutely okay in my book. :)

The opening band, Matthew and the Atlas, left me pretty speechless. I have sat through some terrible opening bands, so this was beyond a nice surprise.

Seeing Mumford & Sons--from the 12th row--no words. There are just no words. And that is why I attempted to take photos (in between my crazy clapping under the string lights and the "starlit" sky of the Fox--which felt like we were all at some barn raising...sorry, I have no other way to describe that) with my poor little Rebel that has been with me since I started out on this photography journey.
They played a few new songs, and trust me, their next album is going to be amazing. :)

View from Publik--with said drink. At least it was good. :)

My first show at the Fox. I would say that's a great way to start.

Matthew and the Atlas

And...Mumford & Sons.






Nicole & Ryan!

Brittany & Me

One of THE best shows I've seen. I've never clapped so much throughout a show in my life. It was definitely fun.

2 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

BEST SHOW OF MY LIFE! Me and 3 other girls drove up from FL to see them play!!!! Absolutely AMAZING!!! Found your blog via Facebook from Ryan Morris! Do you mind if I borrow these photos? I will most def credit them!!! My cell phone took awful pictures!

Alisha McKellar said...

Michelle,

ABSOLUTELY! Thanks so much for asking, and photo credit. :) Photos are meant to be shared-especially of such a talented band! Glad you all had a great time, too!

Post a Comment

Comment: