Alisha McKellar Portrait Design
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Welcome to the blog!

This is where the stories behind the photos live, as well as random stories about my life as an Atlanta, GA Portrait Photographer.

I hope you enjoy reading, and if not, there's always photos to look through. :)

Subscribe to the Newsletter



Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Gamston Faith + Music + Good Days

I feel like I'm just a little behind on this whole blogging thing since my weekend has somehow seemed to last through my Monday. I certainly can't complain about that, though.
To start, I headed to the first day of volunteering at The Revolve Tour on Friday. I was assigned to the Grand Canyon University booth where I got to work with some amazing people!
It was so great to see all of those teen girls giggling and having a blast with their groups of friends.
And, since for some reason, I'm still a teenager at heart, I had a blast, too. The music was incredible, but there was one girl who stood out. Her name is Jamie Grace. She was fun, bubbly, she had a wonderful story to tell, and her voice completely blew me away. She seemed so comfortable up on that stage.
So, day two of volunteering was great because I had the chance to talk until I ALMOST couldn't talk any more. Imagine that. haha!
Then, Sunday felt like an extension of The Revolve Tour at our church. A guy on the worship team did an acoustic version of "Amazing Grace" and it was absolutely beautiful.

That brings us to today...
Wow! The whole message that has been thrown at me, from last Sunday's "Be Bold" to this weekend's "Dream On" really saw the light of day today. I received a phone call, from one of the sweetest ladies I know, wanting to get headshots taken of her daughter--BECAUSE SHE WAS JUST SIGNED TO SPRING FALL RECORDS!!!! I was so excited! I was excited about their excitement, and excited to be doing photos for someone I consider to be amazingly talented! Her name is Gamston Faith.
I first found out that she sang because her mom passed along this video of her singing in Nashville...and I was blown away.

  • Gamston!! (I was having a little fun with my iphone). 
As soon as Gamston and her new label choose the photos they want to use, I will get to share them with you!! I cannot even tell you how happy I am to see such a truly talented, NICE girl get to make a mark! Now, hopefully she'll let me tag along for some photos while she's recording her album. :)

Enjoy her amazing voice with her original song, "42 Cents"...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: